Let's get to it.... here's my week in a nut shell...High 5 style:
#1
Week one of the 2013-2014 basketball season is in the books, and I only had a few instances where I wanted to pull my hard out; mainly yesterday afternoon when our head coach called me to let me know there were only 4 girls at practice and that we were going to have to practice around the volleyball nets. Keep in mind that with volleyball and football cheerleading still going on this week half of our team is out of commission with those activities, but still. I am just glad I had a 40 minute drive between me and the gym to calm myself down, blare some tunes, and rework the practice schedule in my head. It ended up being fine and we got some work done. I cannot WAIT until Wednesday of next week when we should have our entire team there. I am ready to start putting in defenses and plays and do something other than basic drills (and I know the girls are too).
#2
Phase 2 of Project Back Porch Oasis commenced this week! Let me just say how truly amazing my hubby can be. I was shocked when I came home yesterday at what all he'd done. I really believe that man can do absolutely ANYTHING he puts his mind to, and if he can't he'll find someone who can make it happen or show him how to make it happen. I will have pictures next week once it's all put back together...I promise!
#3
I came to the realization this week that Christmas is only 10 weeks away....say what?!?! I am staunch supporter of one holiday at a time and refuse to put up any decorations/listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving (but you better believe I am blasting Christmas music on my radio on Black Friday and don't stop until the day after Christmas). However, I do like to try to get a jump on my holiday shopping; mainly because I don't have time to shop around Christmas time with basketball, and I do like to try to give thoughtful, personal gifts and not just something random. I haven't even sat down to make a list of ideas for the people I love, until this morning that is. I even knocked a few items off that list this morning with a little online retail therapy. I am really thinking I may go that route this year more than I ever have before given my time restraints and how how extensive online shops are these days. We shall see! Now if I could just figure out what I want to get the people who are nearest and dearest to my heart I would feel a lot better about things!
#4
I know I have said this before but I absolutely love love love teaching my dancers every week. Last night I realized that if someone asked me if I could do anything for the rest of my life what would it be, it would be teaching tap dancing. My middle school girls just amaze me. I had most of them last year so they know the basics and my teaching style really well now. I started teaching them some more advanced steps and combinations yesterday and they caught on so quickly! My favorite part is showing them a step that looks really complicated and then breaking it down for them and hearing them say, "I got it!" after a little practice. I cannot wait to start choreographing their dance this year because I feel like they can do so much more this year! Plus is going to be a military-themed very rhythm-heavy routine, which are my FAVORITE to choreograph! I don't even have the music yet and I already know it's going to be great!
#5
Until I get the music for the routines I am going to choreograph, I think I have figured out what I am going to teach my girls. I know they all know the song "Cups" from Pitch Perfect, and probably all have mastered the cup game (that I learned watching DJ and Stephanie on Full House in my days). I found this on Buzzfeed and I am SOOOOO making something up for my girls to do:
Happy Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment