Friday, October 25, 2013

TGIF

Oooooh Friday.  Am I glad to see you.  To say that this week was taxing on me would be an understatement.  It was a little exhausting, physically and mentally; definitely one of those weeks to look back on and be glad that I just made it through.  Between busy schedules, hyper kids, teenager drama--I don't remember high school being as crazy as it is now 10 years ago when I was there, and being frustrated with people who don't do what they're supposed to do I am completely exhausted. I know things will settle down soon and the drama queens will soon not even phase me, so it's all good.  That's enough Debbie Downer-ness from me.  It's Friday for crying out loud!  It's time to be happ-ay!  I have nothing but football games, puppy dog walks, QT with the hubby (which is becoming increasingly rare these days with our sports seasons overlapping right now), hot chocolate, chili, and warm blankets to look forward to for the next 2 days.

via
Tonight is Senior Night at THS and it is going to be SOOOOOOOO cold!  So cold that we have a FREEZE warning in effect tonight...I am talking 34 degrees for a low....in October...in Alabama.  This is NOT normal here.  I already have plans to stop by for a coffee on the way to the game, plus I plan on bringing the thermos full of hot chocolate.  I am betting that by the 2nd half I could sell it for $10 per cup.  The concession stand will have it but I am sure they will have trouble keeping up with demand.

Tomorrow will be a little warmer, but not much.  We may need to bring in some heaters because we finally finished the porch!!! You better believe Mr. Cagle has plans to utilize it this weekend, too...hence the chili and warm blankets I mentioned above. =)

Our own little oasis.
There's more where that came from....before and after pics are coming next week!  

Happy Weekend!

No comments: