Fall is a season of changes, and things are a-changing for little old me. Today I am embarking on a new chapter in my career. For the past 6 years (since I graduated from college) I have been working in youth tobacco prevention. I've spent my days trying to figure out how to keep the youth of Alabama from smoking that wacky tabaccy. With the funding for my program ending it was time for me to move on and as of today I am now working in injury prevention, over 2 different grant programs: one dealing with rape prevention and the other dealing with suicide prevention. Definitely heavier subject matter, but I am really excited about this change. Is it scary? Yeah a little. Luckily I am still working with a lot of the same people I was working with before and my old friends are just a few floors away from me. I am sure this new position will not be without its challenges, but I've learned that challenges can be good things that turn into lessons in life.
Growing up I was not a fan of change...just ask my parents. I made moving from Indiana to Tennessee in 4th grade into probably one of the most miserable events in my parents' lives ever (sorry Mom and Dad!)...all because I was afraid of change. But I look at all of the wonderful things that have happened to me as a result, and it makes me realize that changes are good. I think if things in our lives never changed life would become boring and mundane, which is NOT how I want to live. I think it was around the time I was in college that I started realizing how great change could really be. Am I still OCD about things? Yes, but I am learning to embrace all of the changes that come my way because there is a reason they are in my life.
![]() |
| via |
So here's to my new beginning...hopefully the beginning of something wonderful for my career!


No comments:
Post a Comment