It looked a little like this:
Saturday morning started out alright but hit a snag when I accidentally backed into one of Eric's friends cars that was parked behind me in our drive way. Yeah. Awesome. Luckily it looks like just some surface scratches, however, my ego took a bit of a hit. Who backs into a PARKED car?! Apparently me. The best part was when I called the police to get a report just in case we needed it for insurance purposes later on and the small town we live in send 2 cop cars to the house. I am sure my neighbors were talking about it all day.
| This was before we wiped off most of the black marks. The only spots left are the 3 darker patches. His car had only one scratch spot on it. Thankfully. |
Sunday I did church and headed to Montgomery while Eric was at film to take his Dad a plate of BBQ. He was discharged from the hospital yesterday! I am hoping that being home will help speed his recovery. Sunday evening was spent roast making, crafting, and Grease-watching...aka pretty close to perfection in my book.
Monday we hit the ground running. We several errands to take care of including oil changes and car fixing estimates (which took a couple of tries because the estimate guy was not at the car place when I went the first time). The best part was getting to lunch with my work besties. One of them lives really close to me and the other came up for the day. I didn't have too much time to relax, though because yesterday afternoon was the first day of basketball practice! Whoop Whoop! It went pretty well considering we had only about half out team. We'll have the rest next week when their seasons for volleyball and jv cheer are over. This overlapping season and not being able to participate in multiple sports stuff is a pain in the you-know-what. I understand the reasons for the rules but they are still a pain. I wish I could say that was the end of my day but I still had puppy walking and dance class to get through, which to be honest are some of my favorite parts of the day, so I didn't mind them. Since Eric had an away JV game I was very thankful for everything I had going on...it kept me busy for sure.
Like all good things, my 3 days off had to come to an end at some point, and today was that point. I am hoping that I find my rhythm soon with all of my extra activities I have going on now. Lucky for Eric hunting season (bow season) conveniently starts today, so he won't miss me too much!

No comments:
Post a Comment