![]() |
| 1. Halloween Treats from Mom and Dad...the boys loved their BTW. 2. Hollow was tired after 2 walks on Sunday afternoon. 3. So were Hawk and Peanut. 4. My Sunday afternoon project! |
Saturday morning we were up early, so I could take Eric's mom to the ATL airport to return a rental car. The company was going to charge her $300 to return it to Montgomery instead of taking it back to ATL. It's not a bad drive, right at 2 hours one way, so I didn't mind....plus it meant I didn't have to clean the house, Eric did. =) Saturday afternoon we football party hopped...I still can't believe we didn't have everyone over either, but it was kind of nice not hosting for a weekend. All I have to say about football this weekend is that it was a bad weekend to be a favorite in the SEC (unless you're Alabama). It made for some VERY exciting games which is always a good thing.
Sunday I was up early again for church. I always say I am going to sleep in on Sundays and just go to late church, but I always wake up around 7:15am. If I am already up I might as well go to early church, right? On my way home I stopped and picked up some cabinet staining supplies for my Sunday afternoon project. I also stopped at the grocery store and I am pretty sure I got ripped off by the clerk. My grocery store has a gas rewards program and I am very particular about my rewards points because I like to get things cheap...especially gas. I handed the young lady my rewards card to scan and realized I forgot to grab some butter. I asked her if it was alright for me to run back to get some (there was no one behind me in line) and she said no problem. When I got back she said she put my card on the check writing stand and I put it away. When I got home I looked at my fuel rewards and saw I'd received $0.10 off for that purchase and that we now had $1.05 off per gallon!!! I was pumped, but a little confused because earlier that week I was only at $0.20 per gallon. I got home and grabbed Eric's receipt from that morning (he went to the same grocery store to get some seafood etoufee ingredients) thinking he'd bought something that came with extra fuel points. Well turns out he didn't. His receipt said we had a total of $0.25 per gallon. At that point I got suspicious. I pulled up my rewards account online and it said we had $0.25 per gallon, not $1.05 per gallon, which meant my rewards card was NOT the one scanned during my transaction. I am afraid that the little darling pulled the old reward card switch-a-roo on me when I went to grad the butter I forgot. I guess she thought I wouldn't look at my receipt. I even had a conversation with her about people forgetting cards and leaving their groceries at the store to go get their rewards card. I called the store and spoke to the manager and he said they'd credit my account and that he'd deal with the clerk. I don't know if that is absolutely what happened but I am about 95% positive it is. That's not just stealing from the store...that's stealing from a customer. I am sure she thought I wouldn't notice, however she seriously underestimated by $$-saving obsession. I think I will try to go through her line next time I'm in there and when I hand her my card I'll say something like "make sure you get the right one scanned this time." Ok maybe not, but I'd like to think I would.
After the fuel point debacle, I started on my Sunday afternoon project, which took ALL AFTERNOON which Eric was at football film. It was a really nice day so I didn't mind spending it outside on the porch working. I cannot wait to share what I did, but I have to pick up a couple of things to finish it off today and then I PROMISE I will have pics!


No comments:
Post a Comment