Thursday, May 19, 2011

Coupon Savings 5/18

Another week, another great savings trip!  Our grocery sales around here start on Wednesdays, and because we  live at least 30 minutes from Montgomery (and since I work in Montgomery every day) I usually try to get my grocery shopping in at the end of the week so I do not have to make an extra trip to Montgomery on the weekends.  Up until this week I had gotten into a routine of grocery shopping on Thursday afternoons because A-I would rather do fun shopping on Fridays and take my time going home which is hard to do with groceries in your car and B-the dance class I have been teaching was on Wednesday nights so I always had to hurry home.  But since we had our recital last weekend my Wednesdays are free for a little while.  Grocery shopping on Wednesday (AKA the first day of the sales) has a couple of advantages: 1) fewer people have had a chance to scour the store for sale items which means I will have a larger selection to work with and 2) Publix (my store of choice) has a penny item each week that you can only get on the first day of their sales (Thursday here).  So I was able to get everything on my list this week, plus the penny item, plus a couple of other items I did not realize were on sale but we really needed.

So without further ado..........here it is:
Please excuse the photo quality, had to take the photo with my phone because I did not have time to get my camera out.
My total savings this week was $59.11 and I spent $34.49, which is a savings percentage of 63%!  Not too shabby if you ask me.  As long as I can keep my savings above 60%, I am a happy girl  =).

This week's haul included: 2 boxes of breadsticks for $.45ea (they went great with the spaghetti I made last night), 2 bags of shredded mozzarella cheese for $.75/bag, 2 bottles of bbq sauce for $.40ea, 4 bottles of Wishbone salad dressings for $.40ea, 4 cans of almonds for $.60ea (this was an amazing find because almonds have been our snack of choice for the past severals months and the place we usually get them from has been out for about 3 weeks and I was starting to go through almond withdrawl), 3 cans of tomato sauce for $1, 2 boxes of pasta for $.20ea, a 6 pack of Popcorn Pop-Up Bowls for $1.45, and 3-3packs of the soap we use for $1ea.  I also got the penny item this week which was a jar a Publix Pasta Sauce, and they had a deal where you got a bag of potato chips for free if you bought a pack of hotdogs and hotdog buns (with coupons I got the hotdogs and the buns for $3.45).  

All in all a pretty good trip.  I may have to go back and take advantage of that hotdog deal again before the next sale starts up because I have some more coupons and I know we will use all of that stuff up this summer!


No comments: