Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

In honor of Mother's Day I decided to post this wonderful picture of my mom and my grandma and I.  This picture was taken at my PEO initiation ceremony in 2005.  Since my mom and grandma are both PEOs it was very special to have both of them there.


Look carefully, I will look just like these 2 women when I reach their ages.  I promise.  I wish I had a picture of my grandmother's mother, because the resemblance would continue.   You know there is a strong resemblance when boyfriend (now hubby) picks your grandparents out of a crowd because he can see it in your grandmother eyes.  It happened.  The first time Eric met them was at one of my basketball games in college.  I didn't have a chance to introduce them before the game but when Eric scanned the crowd during the game he said he knew who they were the minute he saw my grandma because I have the same eyes as her.  Lucky for Eric he has a look into the future of what he has married.  =)

I could not have asked for a better mom. We are just alike and even though she is 14 hours away from me we stay close through our nearly daily phone calls.  I am sure she gets tired of my venting at times, but she has never let me know it.  I know I can always count on her for anything and I think of her as more than a mom.  She is a wonderful friend, too.

So Happy Mother's Day to all of the mother's, and especially to my own mom, and grandmothers!  Love you all!

No comments: