So I was going over my receipt from my trip to the grocery store on Wednesday and I noticed a terrible mistake on my part. I was supposed to purchase 2 BIC multi-purpose lighters (for the grill), which were BOGO, so I should have gotten 2 for $3.49. However, I was not paying very close attention when I picked them up or when I was checking out and I ended up with 2 lighters that were some other brand that were $3.99 each! In my defense, the BOGO sign was attached to the box that the lighters I picked up were in, but had I double checked, I would have figured it out.
So I took the full price lighters back this afternoon and exchanged them for the BIC lighters and re-configured my receipt to show my new totals:
There is a lot going on in this picture of my receipt, so let me break it down: I actually paid $28.51 and I saved $62.60 on all of my groceries. Therefore my actual savings percentage this week is 71%, which is my absolute best trip yet! Lesson learned, from now on I will be double checking my products when I am picking them up, and at checkout.
No comments:
Post a Comment