Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Salsa Garden Update

My salsa garden is coming along nicely!  I have several buds on my tomato plant, including this little gem:


It is about the size of a golf ball right now, so I am thinking  hoping we will have a full grown tomato in a couple of weeks!  I have several more flower/buds on it, but none of them are bigger than a gumdrop yet.  I can't believe how big the plant itself has gotten.  It is maybe 6 inches from the top of the 50" cage I have it in.  I am hoping that means we will have lots and lots of tomatoes for salsa this summer!

My jalapeños are growing like crazy, too!  They are about the size of a mini gherkin right now.  But they are probably closer to being ready than the tomatoes.  I did notice yesterday that I have several more mini-peppers starting to sprout already that will be ready to go when the tomatoes are.


Look closely at the picture above and you can see Hawk laying no his back chewing on his ball in the back ground.  He does this all the time. That's my boy!

No comments: