Sunday, May 1, 2011

DIY Jewelry

So the boys went on a hunting trip this weekend, leaving Tera and I to our own devices to entertain ourselves.  We decided to start the weekend out at one of our FAVORITE places to shop.....Michaels.  She was going to make a wreath and I was going to see if they had out out any new card-making supplies.  Almost 2 hours (yes 2 hours and no it's not the first time we have spent that much time in there) later we walked out with out crafting supplies in tow and some new projects to take on.  We checked out our normal aisles and then we wandered into the jewelery-making/beading aisles, which we normally skip. We were shocked at what we found.  Jewelry -making has come a long way since I last dabbled in it.  After some decision-making, we both walked out with a couple of projects and thoughts of even more that we wanted to do in our heads.  A few hours later, we had new jewelry that we created!

My cocktail ring!

Necklace

I have had the earrings for several years, but never had a necklace to wear them with.  I found the pendant (with matched the colors in my earrings perfectly) and the chain separately, and put them together with some copper wire.  The ring was a part of a pendant set that I hot glued to a ring.  I still have 2 of the pendants and I am thinking about making a pair of earrings out of them.

There were a few other pieces that caught my eye, especially some antique-looking charms, and I am pretty sure I will be back for some more projects =)

No comments: