Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Couponing 6/17

We had some friends from out of town come in for a shrimp boil this weekend so I had to make an impromptu trip to the grocery store to get a few things....plus I had another $5 off $20 purchase from Earthfare to use!  Because I had a pretty specific list I was scrambling to get my total up to $20 so I could use my coupon.  I went ahead and got most of the items on my grocery list for next week while I was there.


This trip I spent $21.62 and saved $30.00, for a 58% savings!  Not too shabby considering I paid full price for 2 of the items.

Here's what I got:
2 bags Green Valley Fresh Steamer vegetable bags for $.19 ea = $.40
2 bags of Simply Potatoes hash browns for $1.30 ea = $2.59
2 bottles Bailey's Coffee Creamer for $1.17 ea = $2.34
2 Oscar Lunchables (I still LOVE these!) for $1 ea = $2
1 canister Crystal Light Pink Lemonade Mix = $1
Cucumbers = $1.49
Onions = $1.52
1 bag whole natural raw almonds (yes we have already gone through the other bag) = $4.99
1 box Publix trash bags (big bags for shrimp shells) = $1.89
3 boxes of Duncan Hines cake/brownie mix for $.66 ea = $1.99
2 - 130 packs of Hefty plates for $2 ea = $4

Now if I could just get Publix to put the almonds on sale I would really be in business!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ok, I have to ask...where soupy get the coupons to save like that!? That's incredible!!

Betsy said...

I use a combination of Sunday newspaper coupon inserts, coupon websites (like couponmom.com), coupon blogs (like Iheartpublix.com), and coupons that are in the stores.