Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Beautiful Sunset

It was absolutely beautiful outside when I got home from work yesterday so I decided that I would keep the puppy dogs outside as long as possible.  They are cooped up in the house all day and now that the temps are cooling down, I have been trying to let them enjoy it as much as possible. After our walk I had them out playing in the yard when I noticed the AMAZING sunset.  I ran inside to get my camera and this is what I got:
















 By the way this is the same view out behind the back of our house, one of the things I do enjoy about not living in a big city or suburbia.   The second shot was taken about 5 minutes after the first one.

We have been taking (nearly) daily walks around the neighborhood, which they LOVE.  They really need it, too. Hawk is always a bundle of energy and wants to go all the time, and since having his back surgery a couple of years ago Peanut has become a little hefty, which is NOT good for a dachshund.  My goal is to get that little puppy back in shape!  We play with them in the house and in the yard all the time, but actually getting out and walking is a totally different ball game.  Case in point:  yesterday was the first time Peanut has made it all the way around our neighborhood (0.7 miles) without laying down in the neighbor's yard before we made it back to our house.    The 1st 3 times we did the entire neighborhood he stopped short.  When he stops, I let him rest for a minute (much to Hawk's dismay) and point to our house to show him he is almost home.  That usually works and he trots up the driveway.

Sweet Peanut, always into something. 

Big Ole Hawk-a-Dog.

I <3 my boys!

No comments: