One night in Maine my sweet grandparents decided to treat the entire family to a lobster dinner. However, because we were 2 hours from the coast and getting 30 people to drive that far for dinner was out of the question, they went and picked the lobster up and brought it back to us. I don't think I have ever seen that much lobster at one time. Since a lot of us were lobster novices my mom's cousins were happy to demonstrate how to eat it. I must say my grandmother is quite the lobster eating expert, I was very impressed with her skills!
The pre-lobster dinner table.
| We decided to bring the kitchen table and a couple of smaller tables outside to add to the picnic tables that were already outside. |
Eric and my grandma filling up the butter bowls.
Warming up the lobsters!
LOBSTERS! They were HUGE!
More lobsters!
Table full of family!
You know it's serious when your grandma gets out the hammer to eat her lobster!
He was loving it.
Dessert: grilled bananas with raspberries, caramel sauce, and chocolate chips.
I think there were maybe 2 leftover lobsters. Don't worry they were gone by lunch the next day =).
I am so thankful that we got to spend an amazing few days with our amazing family in one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. It was wonderful to get to meet more of my family and I can't wait for the next reunion!
1 comment:
I want to go to Maine someday now! Beautiful! And that picture of Carmen with the hammer is awesome:)
Post a Comment