I did make a triumphant couponing return to Publix last Wednesday to take advantage of their weekly Penny Item and an EarthFare competitor coupon I wanted to use. So without further ado, the proof:
| my apologies for the cell phone quality picture (picnik can only do so much for a photo) |
3 bags Betty Crocker Cookie Mix for $.60ea = $1.80 (BOGO + 3 x $.40 off[dbl] off 1 coupon)<--have been waiting on these to go on sale for weeks to use my coupons!
2 cans Bush's Baked Beans for $1.67 ea = $3.34 (on sale 3/$5)
1 package Hillshire Farms Turkey = $2.64 (on sale 3/$10 + $.35[dbl] off 1 coupon)
1 package Hormel Turkey Pepperoni = $3.69 (not on sale but had to have some for dinner that night)
1 bag Publix Tortilla Chips = FREE! (Publix Penny Item w/ $10 purchase)
1 lb fresh ground chuck = FREE! (EarthFare coupon w/ $5 purchase)
I was pretty pleased! I got some things I needed, plus a few things I needed to stock up on! I spent a total of $12.76 and saved a total of $16.78 for a 57% savings!
Over Labor Day Weekend I made a Winn-Dixie trip, to get a couple of things for the weekend, plus take advantage of some great savings! When I was in MI, my mother introduced me to Chocolate Peanut Butter Bugles. If you have not tried them yet, don't because you will become obsessed and not be able to stop eating them. Lucky for me they were on sale and I had my coupons, so I was able to stock up on them. I hope my stash lasts a couple of weeks.
My haul for that trip included:
4 (yes 4) bags of Chocolate Peanut Butter Bugles for $.50ea = $2 (clearance $1.50ea + 4 x $.50[dbl] off 1 coupons)
1 tomato = $.72
1 zucchini = $1.03
2 packs Oscar Meyer Selects Angus Hot Dogs for $1.75 ea = $3.49 (BOGO + 2 x $1 off 1 coupons)
1 package WD brown and serve rolls = $1.99
2 packages Reece's Cups for $.55 ea (BOGO)
I spent $11.57 and saved $18.58 for a total percentage of savings of 62%! A good bit of this haul was junk food, however, they were things I was planning on purchasing and not purchases on a whim!
So there you have it, for last week my total purchases were $24.33 and my total savings was $35.36 for a total percentage of savings of 59% for the week. I am anxious to see how well I do this fall with couponing because we tend to do a lot of entertaining for football season which includes lot of finger foods. I have tried to stock up on items that I know we will use (buffalo wing sauce, crackers, crescent rolls--purchasing this week), so hopefully I will be able to stick to my coupons!

No comments:
Post a Comment