Monday, January 23, 2012

Birthday Weekend Recap

I am pleased to report that Eric's birthday weekend was officially a success!  We started out the weekend with basketball games (of course!).  I said on Friday that we was really hoping our girls could come out and play like we know they can.....and they did!  We jumped out on the other team and were only down by 4 (should have been 2) at half time.  You would have thought that we were up by 20 as excited as the girls were.  Unfortunately, our joy was short lived and when they put some pressure on us in the 3rd quarter, we freaked out and let them our score us by 15.  We played right with them in the 4th quarter but we could not overcome the 20 point deficet.  I am still really proud of the girls, the last time we played that team they beat us by 56-15.  We just have to figure out how to get them ready to play all 4 quarters.  We have 4 games plus the area tournament left, and I really hope we can pull one more win out this season!

As for the rest of our weekend, it looked a little something like this :

1. What our weather was like ALL weekend, needless today there was no deer hunting for him, but he did manage to sneak in a duck hunting trip and a trip to the lake to fish for a bit.
2. presents!
3. I made his birthday card with my Cricut Imagine.
4. I could not find the boots he wanted in his size so I opted for the Bass Pro gift card; however I was not about to make it easy on him to get to it......he didn't find it as amusing as I did =)
5. Birthday boy in his new visor!
6. He racked up on some Alabama National Champions swag.
7. Gigi's Cupcakes!  OMGness they were delicious...and so pretty!
8. We did dinner and a movie on Saturday night with friends and saw Red Tails
9. Birthday Dinner:  BLT's made with homemade bacon (no joke--well not made by me but a guy Eric knows makes his own bacon and he gave Eric some). It's super thick and makes the best BLT (turkey, no tomato for me) sandwiches. 

No comments: