Friday, January 20, 2012

Bring it on, Weekend!

This time of year I usually get to look forward to weekends of nothing....mainly because Eric is trying to hunt every minute possible before hunting season end so I tend to have a lot of time to myself to be lazy and catch up on the 4,562 half-done craft projects that are swirling around in my little head.

This weekend will be exceptionally busy, but I am VERY excited about it! Why you ask?

1.  Eric's Birthday is Sunday!
My hubby is turning the big 2-8!  I told him last night that he officially in his LATE 20's as of Sunday.  It did not even phase him.


I am getting a box of yummy Gigi's cupcakes to celebrate with! Don't they look DIVINE!?!?

I asked him what he wanted to do this weekend and he said HUNT.  I guess I'll oblige since it's his birthday so he gets to do what he wants. Since......

2.  It's supposed to rain all weekend!
Is it bad that I am semi-excited about the rainy weekend ahead?  It does mean that Eric will be home more and we will hopefully get to do something fun for his birthday!  Maybe dinner and a movie is in order (that would be a big deal since we have ZERO time to do those things on a regular basis).

3.  Basketball game tonight!
We are coming off our second win of the season....BIG DEAL...and I really really hope that our girls come ready to play tonight!  The team we are playing is good, and beat us pretty bad the last time we played.  But we played probably one of the worst games we have played all year, so I am hoping that we can catch them by surprise.  They won't be expecting anything from us, so if we can jump out on them maybe we can pull it out.

The morning radio show I listed to plays this as a segment intro from time to time and I absolutely love it!  I get goosebumps every time I hear it!



This is what the guy in the commercial says:

Here's the thing that makes life so interesting: The Theory of Evolution claims that "only the strong shall survive." Maybe so, maybe so. But the Theory of Competition says "just because they're the strong doesn't mean they can't get their asses kicked." That's right. 

See, what every long-shot, come-from-behind underdog will tell you is this: The other guy may in fact be the favorite; the odds may be stacked against you. Fair enough ...

But what the odds don't know is this isn't a math test. This is a completely different kind of test. One where passion has a funny way of trumping logic. So before you step up to the starting line, before the whistle blows and the clock starts ticking, just remember: out here, the results don't always add up.

No matter what the stats may say and the experts may think and the commentators may have predicted, when the race is on, all bets are off. Don't be surprised if someone decides to flip the script and take a pass on yelling "uncle". And then suddenly, as the old saying goes, "We got ourselves a game."

....cue goosebumps!  I am ready to go K some A and I will just be on the sidelines tonight!

I may be still recovering from this awful cold and I may be beyond exhausted due to my recent lack of sleep from said cold and all of the other things I have to get done on a daily basis, but I am not going to let it slow me down because I am super-pumped for the weekend!

No comments: