Fast forward 4 days to the first night this week we have been home at a decent hour, I decided we were going to try the pizzas out for dinner. When I called Eric to tell him my plans for dinner he informs me that #1 he has already eaten 2 of those pizzas today (one for breakfast and one for lunch) and #2 we are out of mushrooms AND bacon....BOO! Lucky for me we still had shells, and cheese and pepperoni. We whipped up some pizzas and I made a couple of caesar salads. and Voila! we had a delicious, healthy dinner! We did the math and figured that the pizzas were no more than 250 calories a piece. We will definitely be making them again!
Friday, January 27, 2012
Healthy Weeknight Tortilla Pizza
Earlier this week when I was at the grocery store picking up a few things for this week I ran across some whole wheat tortilla shells on sale....score! I am not sure why but for some reason I immediately though, that they would make fabulous pizza crusts for a healthy dinner. I grabbed some turkey pepperoni, some part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese and some pizza sauce (at the time we had some leftover bacon and some mushrooms in the fridge, too!) to top them with.
Fast forward 4 days to the first night this week we have been home at a decent hour, I decided we were going to try the pizzas out for dinner. When I called Eric to tell him my plans for dinner he informs me that #1 he has already eaten 2 of those pizzas today (one for breakfast and one for lunch) and #2 we are out of mushrooms AND bacon....BOO! Lucky for me we still had shells, and cheese and pepperoni. We whipped up some pizzas and I made a couple of caesar salads. and Voila! we had a delicious, healthy dinner! We did the math and figured that the pizzas were no more than 250 calories a piece. We will definitely be making them again!
We WILL be making these again (hopefully with some bacon and mushrooms next time!
Fast forward 4 days to the first night this week we have been home at a decent hour, I decided we were going to try the pizzas out for dinner. When I called Eric to tell him my plans for dinner he informs me that #1 he has already eaten 2 of those pizzas today (one for breakfast and one for lunch) and #2 we are out of mushrooms AND bacon....BOO! Lucky for me we still had shells, and cheese and pepperoni. We whipped up some pizzas and I made a couple of caesar salads. and Voila! we had a delicious, healthy dinner! We did the math and figured that the pizzas were no more than 250 calories a piece. We will definitely be making them again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YUM! Such a great idea!
Post a Comment