Oh yes back to the the fishing trip...they had a very successful trip which included catching some grouper and tuna among other things....YUM! They were nice enough to save the fish so that we could all enjoy it once they got home, and we did just that last night! We had a fish fry that included crappie (not from the trip to the keys, but delicious none the less), and grouper. I am pretty much decided that grouper is my most favorite salt water fish to eat. It seriously tastes just like chicken. Cliche I know, but seriously I thought I was eating chicken fingers last night.
Along with our fishies last night we had some oh-so-delicious cole slaw made by Eric. I don't know where the boy learned to make his cole slaw, but he is a professional at it. I had 2 very large servings of the stuff and could have eaten another. We also had some homemade french fries. When I say homemade I mean, cut up the potatoes into fries french fries (not steak fries thick fries either). They used this to cut them up:
It reminded me of combination of a coke can crusher/waffle iron/pasta maker. SO COOL. I am pretty sure they cut 25 potatoes in just a couple of minutes.....I have decided I need one of these in my kitchen now. Although that would mean I would eat french fries all the time which would NOT be a good thing, scratch that idea.
I know it's still January, but I cannot wait for springtime so we can have fish fries more often!
No comments:
Post a Comment