Thursday, October 10, 2013

Football x 3 Weekend Recap

It's my blog and I can post a weekend recap on a Thursday if I want to! =) Better late than never, right?

Our weekend was full of football...what else?! Friday night was Homecoming at THS and the 24 hour celebration that goes along with all of it.  I am sad to report that I did not get chosen to punt the football in the back of the truck for $10,000.  The guy who got picked actually came pretty close, but didn't quite make it.

We found out the Auburn Band was all about some spell-outs.
Saturday we changed things up a bit.  Instead of watching football all day on the porch, we opted to watch some more football in person. We headed down the road to Auburn University to watch them take on Ole Miss.  The last time we went to an Auburn game was when Cam Newton was still playing, so it's been a few years.  Auburn has one of the best tailgating atmospheres in college football, and it did not disappoint.
1. They had a flyover before the game and the planes literally flew right over our heads.
2. Of all of the crazy things I have seen mascots do, this might have topped them all. Aubie jumped on a surfboard and the students passed him all over the student section.  When he got near the top of the bottom section, he actually stood up on the board.  I don't think I would be that confident in college students' ability to keep me up in the air, especially at a night game after a day of tailgating.
3. A perfect blue and orange sunset in AU country.
4. It was military appreciation night so they had a lot of really neat tributes to military personnel.
5.  USAF spell-out!
6.  Since most of our Sunday was spent inside, the puppies had to entertain themselves.
7. Rainy rainy day....at least the gutters we put up are working!
8. A-Freaking-Mazing Artichoke Dip (that's really what it's called) that I made Sunday night. It was a hit!
Sunset on the plains.
We slept in Sunday which meant 8:30 for us.  I know...crazy late, right?  But it meant a good 9+ hour night of sleep which is always wonderful. It rained most of the day...the remnants of "Hurricane" Karen. We finished off the weekend with more football--a little NFL watching with friends.  We rarely watch NFL but Peyton Manning makes it all worth it.  =)





1 comment:

CWY said...

So jealous that you were at the Auburn game!