Thursday, February 23, 2012

Birthday Recap

So my birthday started out fantasticly! I got to sleep in because it was Presidents' Day and I had the day off, which was a bonus in itself.  Since Eric had to work he gave me my birthday presents while we were drinking our coffee: tools for my Cricut and a gift card to Target.  He knows me so well =).  Since I did not have to work I made my way to the craft stores to get some supplies so I could get some springtime vibes going in our house and spent the afternoon crafting (aka my happy place). Eric brought a birthday cake home that afternoon and I got to make a wish blow out my candles. We finished off the evening with a wonderful dinner with his brother and his fiance at a local restaurant called The Pub. It is one of my favorites!  (We had our rehearsal dinner there). Here are a few pics from my bday:


1. Never again will I let Eric pretend like he can't wrap presents.  The boy could wrap for a department store at Christmastime if he wanted to.....
2. My Cricut swag!  
3. This note was attached to my birthday card from my grandparents.  If you can't read it, it says. "Eric, She should not open this before 2/20/12.  Ch & Car" (aka my grandparents).  I thought it was the funniest thing I had ever read when it came in the mail a couple of weeks before my birthday.  Eric promptly followed the instructions and hid the card away until my birthday!
4. I got some pretty roses from Eric's parents. 
5. My birthday cake with ALL 27 (notice they take up half the cake) candles lit.  And yes the person at the bakery spelled my name Besty.....AGAIN.
6. Making my birthday wish!
7. Peanut was not too happy that I was home most of the day and he had to stay in his kennel.  I let him out for part of the day and made him sit on the couch, mostly because he spent most of the time he was in his kennel barking at me. *He only does this when it's just me at home.  When Eric is home he sits quietly.  
8. This was the side item special at The Pub that night:  Fried Asparagus with a Horseradish Sauce on top.  OMGness it was fabulous.  I now have a new favorite way to eat asparagus.  

All in all it was an absolutely wonderful birthday! 

No comments: