Monday, February 27, 2012

What I did this Weekend

After what I am convinced was the longest 4 day week in the history in the world, we treated ourselves to a very nice weekend. It started with a fun Friday night out with friends.  We met up with some of the guys Eric played football with and their wives Friday night at an oyster bar/restaurant in Montgomery for dinner. I absolutely love this group of friends.  The wives have become just as good of friends as the guys are so we have just as much fun as they do when we all get together.

Saturday morning Eric headed up to the lake Saturday morning to fish with his propane heater we got @ Academy the night before because it was 30 degrees outside.  While he fished I cleaned.....for 5 hours. As much as I hated to have to clean, I was so glad when it was done.  We stayed in Saturday night and had some BBQ nachos for dinner.  We rented Moneyball, which was a really good movie.  I usually don't care to watch any movie that is not a comedy or a chik flick (yes I might as well still be 12 years old), but this one was pretty good.  I was able to finish up my springtime yarn wreath.

Besides going to church and lunch at Eric's grandma's house, I spent the majority of my Sunday reading my newest Sophie Kinsella book: I've Got Your Number. So far it has not disappointed!  I don't think it will take me much longer to finish this one! Eric made Seafood Gumbo for dinner (which I did try) and I made Pudding Pops that I found on Pinterst for dessert.  They were soooooo good!

I finished off the weekend watching the Oscars.  I am so glad Octavia Spencer won Best Supporting Actress for her role as Minnie in The Help.  Not only was it a fantastic book and movie, but she is from Montgomery and apparently gave a shout out to her Alma Mater---(War Eagle!) on the Red Carpet.  Yes, people from Alabama do that.  LOL.

Here are a few pics from this weekend:
1. I found a new favorite store on Friday after work when I stopped at the mall to do a little shopping called Versona Accessories. THey had a ridiculous amount of really pretty and reasonably priced jewelry, along with tons of cute trendy clothes (also reasonably priced).  I WILL be back.....often =).
2. My new key necklace.  I have been looking for a gold key necklace for about a year now, and I found not one, but 5 different key necklaces at Versona!  I was so tempted to buy a couple of them, but I settled on this lovely piece.
3. This is one of the cute outfits I got at Versona.  I have worn the black short sleeved cardigan literally all weekend.  It is perfect over a colorful long-sleeved top too!
4. This is how blue the sky was this weekend.  It may have been a little chilly, but it was sunny all weekend so we took the top off the jeep =).  I took this pic while I was out and about Saturday.  I was stopped at a stop sign, no worries!
5. After locking myself out of the house the other morning I decided I needed a spare key, so I headed to Wally World and found this super cute key!  I now have a new key on my key chain and my old key is safely hidden away!
6. GOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOILERS!!!!!  Both teams got a win this weekend AND they were both on TV so I got to watch!  The men's team upset #13 Michigan @ Michigan on their Senior Day and the women beat Indiana at home.  
7.  Eric's gumbo.
8. My Puddin Pops!  

I hate to see the weekend end, but apparently we will get some warm weather this week so I can deal with it I guess.

No comments: