So what did I do all week? Here's my week last week in a nutshell (ok a more like a nut tree):
Sunday night Super Bowl Get-together (read the recap here)--Recipe Recap post coming soon.!
Monday-Thursday work conference in Atlanta:
1.Beautiful afternoon sun through my hotel room window.
2. Nighttime view out my window. The conference was actually about 5 mins north of downtown so there weren't too many skyscrapers, but it was still pretty.
3. Dinner one night...Cheesecake Factory Pizza!
4. Of course I am going to get cheesecake if I am going to the Cheesecake Factory! Tiramisu Cheesecake.....my favorite! and yes I ate the whole thing =)
Thursday night ended up being our last basketball game of the season. =( We lost in our area tournament. The girls played well, but we were completely outmatched. I hate it for our girls, especially the seniors. They came so far this year and improved so much! I just wish those improvements could have translated into a few more wins. We will get there, it's just going to take a year or 2. I am going to miss the girls like crazy! And now this means that I have to find a new means of physical activity since I won't be on a basketball court 2 hours a day anymore. It may be time to lace up the ole running shoes again!
This weekend we headed down to Fairhope, AL/Mobile for MARDI GRAS! It was sooooooo much fun! We were invited by some friends who are from down there to go the the parades and one of the balls! I was super pumped when I found out, although my first thought was CRAP......I haven't worn a floor length gown (besides my wedding dress) since prom which was 10 years ago. Ugh I am getting old. I had Mom send one of my prom dresses down and I was very pleased to report that it still fit! I could not believe it. I decided I would use that one as my back up just in case I could not find anything that was reasonably priced that I liked. I went shopping last weekend and lucked out in the JCPenney's Juniors Section! I found THE perfect Mardi Gras dress! And to make it even better, the dress was only $60! To top it all off I found shoes that matched it for $30 at another store. Never in a million years would I have thought I could have my entire outfit for less than $100 on such short notice.
![]() |
| Great looking group! |
1. Clifford the Big Red Dog! One of my most favorite childhood books!
2. The New York Gaints
3. I don't remember what was on the front of this one, but it had pictures of people behind bars on it like Lindsey Lohan and Harvey Updyke.
4. Jack and the Beanstalk
5. Godzilla
6. A Giant Leap for Mankind
7. Jack and the Beanstalk again
8. The Jolly Green Giant
The floats were absolutely spectacular! We ran out of time to go to the parade so I was glad we got to see them beforehand!
So there you have it, the last week of my life in pictures and a few descriptions. I did leave one thing out and that is that our sweet Peanut is having back trouble again. He spent the weekend at the vet resting and getting some steroids to get decrease the swelling in his back. He is supposed to come home tomorrow, so I am hoping everything goes as planned. I miss him so much and I know he would much rather be home with us! Please say a prayer for him!
Even though I do not have basketball this week I know I'll have plenty to keep me busy. Valentine's Day is tomorrow and I can't wait to spend the evening with my honey! We have already planned to cook a romantic dinner at home so we do not have to bother with crowds at a restaurant.
Oh and my birthday is in one week!!!! But I am not counting or anything =).







No comments:
Post a Comment