Thursday, February 16, 2012

A SMASHing Love Affair

I am having a love affair with a new television show (which does not happen often to me).  I only have a few shows that I record and watch weekly--Biggest Loser, Dancing with the Stars, and Dance Moms (don't judge it takes me back to my dancing days except I was so fortunate NOT to have a crazy stage mom; she is completely and totally sane (= ).  And SMASH is now at the top of my list! I have been waiting for a show like this ever since my satellite company dropped FOX and I could not watch Glee anymore, but it's totally worth it because I like this show even better!  I can't wait to see how this season plays out, especially the Karen vs. Ivey scenario.  I've seen this week's episode so I know they gave the part of Marilyn to Ivey, but I am convinced (esp after seeing previews for next week's episode) that Karen is NOT done playing Marilyn!  And the music is phenomenal!

Here is the synopsis from the the SMASH website:

""Smash" is a musical drama that celebrates the beauty and heartbreak of the Broadway theater as it follows a cross section of dreamers and schemers who all have one common desire - to be a "Smash." The series centers on a desire to create a Broadway musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe - written by the successful songwriting duo of Tom (Tony Award nominee Christian Borle, "Legally Blonde: The Musical") and Julia (Emmy Award winner Debra Messing, "Will & Grace"). Julia recently began the process of adopting a child with her husband Frank (Tony Award nominee Brian d'Arcy James, "Shrek the Musical") of many years, but her focus is torn when she has the opportunity to write another Broadway hit. A rivalry soon forms for the lead role between a youthful, inexperienced Midwestern beauty Karen (Katharine McPhee, "American Idol") - who is trying to find fame in the big city against all odds - and stage veteran Ivy Lynn (Megan Hilty, "9 to 5: The Musical"), who's determined to leave the chorus line and finally get her big break. A tenacious producer Eileen (Oscar winner, Anjelica Huston, "Prizzi's Honor") discovers the "Marilyn" project and jumps on board with a brilliant director, Derek (Jack Davenport, "Pirates of the Caribbean" films) - whose talent is matched by his cunning and egocentric amorality. Jaime Cepero ("Porgy and Bess") stars as Ellis, and Raza Jaffrey ("Sex and the City 2," "MI-5") stars as Dev."

This song is called "Let Me Be Your Star"....amazing song!


This one is "20th Century Fox Mambo."  I love this song and there's dancing!!!


I NEED this soundtrack ASAP!

No comments: