Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Mildly Successful Dinner

So I legit cooked dinner for the first time in I don't know how long. Seriously, it's been a minute (or two or three) since I actually pulled out a recipe, set the table, etc.  I have had my heart set on this recipe from SkinnyTaste.com ever since I pinned it several weeks ago.  I attempted to make it last week, but due to practices and games and whatnot we ended up throwing out 3 thawed out chicken breasts because they sat in the fridge for a week without being cooked. I am glad we got to finally try it because it didn't dissappoint!

Chicken and Mushrooms in a Garlic Wine Sauce
It was super quick and easy to make and it was a healthy recipe so it was good to eat and good for us!  Sadly I can't say that my rice I cooked to go with it was any good..  It's not like I am shocked that it did not turn out right, although I have been doing better since I started using our rice cooker to make rice.  However for whatever reason my rice was more like little sticks than fluffy goodness.  Apparently it is possible to inherit cooking genes that determine whether you can cook certain foods from your parents, because my mom can't cook rice either...sorry mom!

Even worse I sliced the tip of my thumb as I was cutting the last mushroom =(  I could not stop cooking because I had garlic sauteing on the stove and I had to dump the mushrooms in asap, so I cooked the rest of the dinner with my thumb in a paper towel above my head....

ouch
The chicken got good reviews from Eric so I will be adding it to my list of recipes to make again!

No comments: