Friday, February 3, 2012

Game Day: It's Now or Never

The day is finally here.  Today is the last regular season game for the Lady Tigers. We have had a rough season but we have made a lot of progress and have improved so much since the first day in the gym.  We have only won 2 games up to this point, but that is two more games than they won last year.

I have said many times before that after I played my last college game I never had a strong desire to coach.  I never thought that I knew enough about the game to teach it to someone else.  Playing is one thing, but teaching is a whole other ball game (hence the reason I am not a teacher).  That being said I would not have traded the last 4 months for anything in the world.  Yes there are days when I want to pull my hair out because someone made the same mistake for the 50th time that we have corrected the previous 50 times, but that's all part of the process.

I have learned A LOT about coaching this year, but I have also learned a lot about myself.  As a player, when things aren't going right you look to the coach for the answers, a coach the players are looking at you.  You can't just stare blankly back at them....you have to have an answer!  I feel like I have learned as much as they have if not more these past few months.

I want so badly for us to end our [regular] season on a high note, so I hope that tonight we can get a win and make that happen for us!

I know I have posted this video before but I love it!  It gives me chill bumps every time I watch/listen to it!

No comments: