Happy National Craft Month!
![]() |
| via |
I promise I am not making this up (I saw it on FB, but I googled it and it is legit). I plan to honor this wonderful occasion with lots and lots of fun projects! It's not like I need an excuse to craft, but this sounds like an excellent excuse to leave all of my craft stuff out all over the house =). Sorry hunny, I can't put that paper and glue gun and ribbon and paint up, I am observing a nationally recognized month-long event in which I MUST craft for the entire month. I am sure Eric would completely understand. ha. ha. ha.
Now onto the goods for today: Puddin' Pops!
I found a recipe for Pudding Pops on Pinterest last week and I could not get it off my mind! It was driving me absolutely crazy. I remedied the situation Sunday night and made a batch of these fantastic treats! It might have been one of the easiest desserts I have ever made, and it totally sent me back to my childhood. I was that kid who while everyone else was eating pie with whipped topping for dessert, had a large bowl of nothing but whipped topping (I may or may not have eaten it straight out of the container on many occasions--don't judge, I know I am not the only one), and I also had a affinity for chocolate pudding. Put the two together (as this treat does) and you get only the best frozen treat EVER.
So if you would like to be transported back to simpler, carefree times in the form of a tasty frozen treat, you can find the recipe below. Enjoy!
Step 1: Gather your ingredients
What you need:
1 1/2 cups milk (I used skim because that's what I buy)
1 8oz (2 cups) container Cool Whip
1 box (small box) Jello Instant Pudding Mix (I used Chocolate Fudge, but you could probably try other flavors)
10-12 3oz Dixie cups
popsicle sticks or straws or anything else that will work as a "stick" for your pops.
Step 2: Mix it all together
Combine pudding mix, milk and Cool Whip in a mixer and mix until it starts to thicken.
Step 3: Put the mix in the cups
Spoon the pudding mixture into the Dixie Cups (it was too think to pour so I used a serving spoon). Fill the cups about 3/4 of the way full.
Step 4: Stick your sticks in.
I could not find popsicle sticks at my grocery store (gotta love a small town) so I bough some straws. I cut them in thirds and used 2 as the stick. I stuck them about halfway in the cups. The mixture will be thick enough that the straws will stay where you put them.
Step 5: Freeze 'Em!
Place the cups in the freezer for at least an hour to harden.
Step 6: Unwrap and Enjoy!
When you are ready to eat them, peel the Dixie Cup off (it will rip) and enjoy!
When you are ready to eat them, peel the Dixie Cup off (it will rip) and enjoy!
They are sooooo good! I am thinking you could healthify (is that a word?) them, too. I used skim milk which made them a little better, but I may try them with reduced fat Cool Whip next time I make them. Either way I will be making these again--probably most likely all summer long. Hello new favorite pool side snack!


No comments:
Post a Comment