Monday, March 26, 2012

Weekend Recap

At the beginning of this weekend, my mind was on one thing and one thing only: Hunger Games. Not going to see the movie (did not want to fight the crowds this weekend), but finishing the series.  I was halfway through Mockingjay (3rd & last book) when the weekend kicked off.  I was planning on spending my Friday night curled up on the couch, but it was not in the cards and we ended up going to cook out with some friends, which was a lot of fun!

We stayed out pretty late so we slept in Saturday (does 8am count as late?) and Eric headed up to B'Ham for a Paint Ball Bachelor Party.  With him out of the house I decided I was going to be productive and weed the flower beds!  However I needed some lunch, so I sat down by the still covered...grrr! pool to read while I ate. 3.5 hours later I came up for air when the puppy dogs let me know that they were ready to go inside.  Needless to say I had nothing to show Saturday but some pretty new gardening gloves that were still pretty. Oops! Since I had not planned on sitting outside reading for 3.5 hours I did not apply any sunscreen and paid dearly for my oversight. I call it my Hunger Burn.



Since it was close to 5PM I decided to head to church so I could sleep in Sunday morning. When I got home I fixed myself a delicious dinner of Tontino's Party Pizza, Double Stuff Oreos and some Cabernet....what more could you want in a dinner?!


I picked up the book after I'd finished my dinner and did not put it down again until 11:30PM when I finished it!  It was fantastic!!! Now that I am completely done with the series (I still can't believe I read all 3 books in 3 weeks--that's some kind of a record for me) I am READY to see the movie!!!

Since I finished Mockingjay on Saturday I was infinitely more productive on Sunday.  It was amazing how much I got done when I wasn't constantly thinking about that stupid book!  I cleaned the house, washed the car, and even weeded the flower beds [finally].  As I was weeding the beds I ran across what I can only describe as a mutant dandelion.  I have no idea where it came from but I can assure you that it has been pulled up and put in the garbage.

I would love to know what exactly this is....don't you love my cute new gardening gloves, too?!

I am looking forward to a busy week at work because we have a fabulous weekend planned for this coming weekend that involves the river, a bonfire, s'mores and good friends! I can't wait!

No comments: