Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend Recap

Spring has officially sprung in Alabama.  It was an absolutely beautiful weekend here, and I did my best to spend a good portion of my weekend outside enjoying it. Which I did, in between some reading time....I finished The Hunger Games and have started the 2nd book in the series, Catching Fire.  So far it has picked right off where the first one ended and it probably won't take me too long to get through it.

The boys and I played outside quite a bit:
Hawk thoroughly enjoyed himself playing in the mud and Peanut got a little too close to the hose when Eric gave Hawk a bath.

Eric headed south for a boys weekend so I treated myself to a feast of Pokey Sticks and Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies and a glass of wine =) while a read Hunger Games Friday night.

I decided to get a start on my gardens for the year while I had some time and picked up a few pretties from Wally World.
Apparenly I have a thing for pink this year.  They were just so pretty I couldn't resist!  The ones on the far right are a new one for me, Diasca.  I think they are so cute! And I love that close up they look like a face!  I am going to attempt a flower border this year in the front flower bed, too. Unfortunately, the flowers I am using have been in a box under our carport for 3 weeks and I am not sure they are going to make it.  Hopefully they will with a little TLC.

This is going to be a busy week, but lots-o-fun!  March Madness starts, so I will be filling out my brackets tomorrow and I can't wait for the games to start!  Plus my dad is coming for a visit this weekend!  I am just hoping this week goes fast because I am so ready for the weekend already!

No comments: