My dad flew in on Thursday and we hung out while Eric cleaned fish, lots and lots of fish (I think it ended up being around 200). I don't touch them, just eat them after he cooks them. Don't get me wrong I have helped before, but I pushed too hard on the filet when I cut the rib cages out
Friday my dad headed to the golf course for not one, but TWO rounds of golf, so I went to work. He called me about 2:15 and I met him for some frozen yogurt, which hit the spot! We had a fish fry Friday night and ate some of the fishies Eric cleaned the night before. It was so pretty outside so we lit the tiki torches and ate out by the pool!
1. Who can resist St. Paddy's Day-inspired cookie cake! I may or may not have finished it up for breakfast on Saturday morning. =)
2. I absolutely love our tiki torches! But I plan to add some homemade wine bottle tiki torches in the near future.
3. Why yes we do have a commercial grade fryer that we use when we have fish fries. Who doesn't?
4. Green beer for St. Paddy's Day! This was actually from dinner on Saturday night at a fabulous restaurant called Sarris' at the Station. Best steak dinner in town, hands down! We were celebrating because Eric and I made a rather large purchase on Saturday. Let's just say that I said good-bye to my companion Gracie. I spent a lot of time with her and actually teared up a bit when I had to say good-bye.
| My faithful companion for 6 years! I miss you Gracie! |
Sunday we had to say good-bye to my dad because he had to head back up north. I am so glad he got to come see us! I always wish we lived closer to my parents, but I wish a lot harder when they have to go home after a wonderful visit.
I needed to get out of the house and get my mind off things Sunday afternoon so we decided to head to the river for some R & R. It was another absolutely gorgeous day so we hooked the boat up to the Jeep, packed some stuff for dinner (burgers and hotdogs!) and headed to the river to meet some friends. We beat everyone there so Eric wanted to "try out the fish" and had quite a bit of success.
I love this place! We were there all day and other than the people we were with, we saw 1 other boat.
Our inchworm friend who came and ate dinner with us. He was so cute!
Eric had a pretty nice catch. He had about 20 fish after 30 minutes or so. I forgot how funny he is when he fishes. The kid talks, yes talks to the fish while he is catching them. And when he gets a bite, which is quite often, he whoops and hollers like he just won the lottery. You would not expect it from someone who has probably caught thousands upon thousands of fish in his lifetime, but he does.
While he fished I soaked up some sun, snapped some pictures of the beautiful scenery and finished the second Hunger Games book, Catching Fire. OMGness. I literally screamed when I finished the book. I told Eric to give me his phone (which is a mobile hotspot) so I could download the 3rd book on my Kindle. If our friends had not arrived when they did, I would have. No worries I got the book when I got home. =)
I don't think I could have asked for a more perfect weekend. The only thing that could have made it better is if a laundry fairy could come by my house and fold the 6 + loads of clean laundry that is sitting on the guest bed. Oh well, I guess you can't have it all!







No comments:
Post a Comment