Thursday, March 8, 2012

Take me Out to the Ball Game

In my office, window cubies are a very hot commodity, and mine in particular is a corner cubie (with a view no less!), which I absolutely adore. My view in particular is pretty spectacular and includes the Biscuits baseball stadium (yes we have a Minor league baseball team called the Biscuits; I guess it was an homage to the south, and their logo is a giant biscuit with a face) .  I am pretty sure I have seen more games from my window than I have seen in person.  I hope that I get to change that this year and actually go to the games instead of watch them from the window--well watch the outfield and score board.

Pretty sweet right?

Tuesday night we actually went to a game at the stadium.  Since Major/Minor League baseball games have not started up yet this year, the stadium hosted a state rivalry college game:  Alabama vs. Auburn.  I am pretty sure these 2 schools could have a snail racing contest and people in this state would show up to watch it.  You say it's Alabama vs. Auburn, people show up.  The fans came out in full force on Tuesday and sold out the stadium.  My friend Michelle suggested it would be fun to go watch and after a little (surprisingly only a little) convincing I got Eric to agree to go with, so we made a double date out of it!


It was a blast! It got a little chilly toward the end but we had a great time!  Auburn put a whooping on Alabama and won 9-3, but it was fun just the same.  We had awesome seats down the 3rd base side right behind the Bama bullpen.  I was hoping to get some foul ball action, but none came right to us. Maybe that just means I need to go back to another game!

 The view of my building from the ball park.

Awesome seats!

 Michelle and I @ the game.

I am thinking this needs to be at least a monthly event one the Biscuits start playing!

No comments: