Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Couponing 6/8 - I Still Have It!

I've been completely slacking in the couponing department lately. But the more I cook the more I feel the need to get back into it, especially with all of the great summer deals that Publix has had going on lately.

There was a Yellow Advantage Flyer that was set to expire last week so I HAD to take advantage of a few of the deals they had plus some of the weekly deals, so I stopped by on my way home on Friday.  I am proud to report some serious success!

I spent $31.24 ($5.26 was tax, ridonculous I know, but apparently a 10% sales tax on groceries keeps our property taxes in AL low) and saved a whopping $69.01 for a total percentage of savings of 69%!!!  It ended up being one of my best trips ever, which means I still have it!

My haul:
1 bag Gevalia Coffee = $5.99 (on sale for $6.99 + $1 off 1)
1 box belVita Breakfast Biscuits = FREE (FREE with purchase of Gevalia Coffee)
2 boxes Honey Nut Cheerios for $1.50 ea = $3 (BOGO + $1 off 2)
1 Freshuetta Pizza = $2.50 (BOGO + $1 off 1)
4 bags BirdsEye Steamfresh Frozen Veggies for $.28ea = $1.10 (50% off + 2 x $.50[dbl] off 1 + 2 x $.35[dbl] off 1)
4 Kraft Fresh Takes (these are actually quite good and make for a quick easy dinner!) = $1.25ea = $5 (2 for $4 + 4 x $.75 off 1)
1 box Jello Pudding = $.75 (4 for $3)
2 pkgs Laughing Cow Cheese for $1.50ea = $3 (2 for $5 + 2 x $1 off 1)
2 bottles International Delight Coffee Creamer for $1.17ea = $2.34 (3 for $5 + $1 off 2)
2 bottles Sticky Fingers BBQ Sauce (my favorite Memphis Style Sauce that I can get outside of Memphis...a BBQ Nachos necessity) for $1.50ea = $3 (2 for $3)
2 bottles NatureMade Vitamins for $.29ea = $.58 ($6 off 2 [sc] + 2 x $2 off 1 [mc])
1 packs Jello Pudding Cups for $.90ea = $1.80 (2 for $4 + 2 x $1.10 off 1)
1 container Raspberries = $1.99 (on sale $1.99)
1 Pineapple = FREE! (Earthfare Coupon)
$5 off a $55 purchase (Winn-Dixie Competitor Coupon)

Since we have softball games this week (2 more 8:30PM games, which means we won't get home until around 10PM either of those nights....awesome...honestly as long as we win I could not care less what time we get home!) and the wedding this weekend I am trying to avoid going to the grocery store this week, and have decided that I will only go if it's an absolute necessity--lucky for me the EarthFare Coupon (competitor coupon that my Publix accepts) this week is for salmon fillets [gag me with a spoon] so I am not tempted to find $5 worth of Publix items I need.  =)

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: