Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Letters


Yeah this post has nothing to do with food, but I have been cooking up a storm the past couple of weeks and I felt the need to share my culinary creations with the world (well the blog world at least).  Above we have BBQ Nachos [in cute little individual pans!] and FlatOUT! Pizzas: one had feta cheese, turkey bacon, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil on it; the other had sauteed mushrooms and onions, turkey bacon and Parmesan cheese on it.  They were both delicious!

....on to more important things on a Friday, like Letters!

Dear Eric, I am so happy that we finally get to spend a weekend at HOME! It's seriously been 8 weeks (I counted) since we were both home on a Saturday.  Who is gone 8 Saturdays in a row???  Apparently us.

Dear Week, I am so glad you are over.  You were not necessarily a long week like I was expecting, but you were a very very busy week.  I was traveling for work for 2 days and trying to catch up on everything from this weekend in the evenings (yes I cleaned the house on a Monday night). Last night I realized that I had not even had a chance to sit down and watch tv a single night this week.  I guess on one hand that's a good thing, but I would really like to catch up on Bunheads....I think it's going to be a new favorite show of mine!

Dear Pool, Here's lookin at you kid.  My butt is going to be planted next to you ALL DAY LONG tomorrow. Save me a good seat!

Dear Softball Team, It's time to get 'cha mind right!  We've made it through the regular season with no losses, and I hope that we can continue that streak in the tournament on Monday.

Dear Microwave, I was not impressed when you decided to give out this week. I mean, we (I) hardly ever you use, so I am pretty sure you were not overused.  Of course you had to wait for a night when I actually needed you (for the delicious BBQ nachos above-hence the super-cute individual pans that I used to cook them in the oven with). You better be glad that Home Depot was having a big sale and a very nice saleswoman was working in the appliance department yesterday.

Dear Home Depot, You get 2 thumbs up for the employees you have working in the appliance department at your East Montgomery store.  The lady who helped me was very nice and helpful and went above and beyond what I expected.  You will be getting a nice email from me soon.

Dear Hawk and Peanut, Are you guys seriously getting colds?  You've both been sneezing like crazy the past couple of days.  Can dogs even get colds?

Dear Fam Jam, 10 days!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Happy Friday!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love weekends home :) its so cozy and nice! super cute blog by the way girl and great list! have a great friday! xo

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

I never know how much I rely on an appliance until it dies and I cant use it. Then I somehow need to use it all the time. Go figure! Hope you get your microwave fixed soon. Have a fab weekend :)