Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Weeknight Pool Party and Pretty Flowers

We had Eric's cousin's kids over to the house last night for a pool party last night.  I had every intention of getting home on time and picking up the kitchen/sweeping/etc just in case we had to move the shindig inside. Since Eric had practice I knew he would not be home to do it.  Of course that didn't happen.....I got caught up at the office and did not leave work until 4:45PM (I usually leave at 3:30PM), had to run by the bank, put gas in my car, and THEN make the 45 minute drive home.  Needless to say the house didn't get cleaned up and I had folks waiting on me when I got there @ 5:45...oops! Luckily it was a beautiful evening and we were able to stay outside at the pool all night.  Eric's grandma brought the kiddos over with some pizzas and a HUGE watermelon, and my SIL (no longer FSIL!) made an amazing blueberry cobbler and homemade ice cream.  We stuffed ourselves silly and I am pretty sure the kiddos wore themselves out.  


Of course Eric had to get in on the noodle-fighting action when he got home.


My flower beds are slowly and steadily getting prettier and prettier (and would be even better if I would weed them more than once a month). My Mom sent a bunch of flowers to me this past fall when she was thinning out her garden and I have been waiting very impatiently for them to bloom--mainly because I don't remember what I planted where.  On my way to work the other day I noticed a splash of color next to our front steps.  If had not been running late as usual I would have turned around to check it out, so instead I made a mental note to go see what the heck was growing the in section of my garden that I'd had 0 success with up until now.  When I got home I went to look and saw:


Pretty pretty phlox!  These are some of my favorite flowers, and I FINALLY have something colorful on that side of the porch. Now if the other 4 or 5 plants would bloom I would be a happy happy girl!

No comments: