Monday, June 4, 2012

Weekend Recap

I have decided that it is totally appropriate to write my weekend recap whilst still enjoying my weekend.  I think that is totally acceptable in my world.  But wait, wasn't Memorial Day LAST weekend?! Yes it was but here in the great state of Alabama, we like to celebrate our history so we get days like Confederate Memorial Day and Jefferson Davis's birthday (today) off. Does my family make fun of me, yes. But I do enjoy days off so I am not complaining . =)

This weekend was jam packed.  To the point that last night I said something to our softball game tomorrow night--thinking it was Monday night.

Eric headed south for the weekend for his brother's bachelor party weekend to do some fishing....and they caught some serious fish!


1. Some Red Snapper the boys caught their first day out.
2. A HUGE Red Snapper!  Eric was excited about it =)
3. Eric cooked blackened grouper for us Sunday night when they got back!  It was suprisingly good. I was concerned because the fumes from the blackening seasoning was so bad I had to leave the kitchen and open up all of the windows in the house.

As for me, I was going the whole time!  My roommie from college came to visit!  I love this girl to death!  She moved to South Carolina a few years ago so I don't get to see her as much any more.

We got stuck in the maze at Hampton Court when we were in London, of course.

One of our other roommates/teammates got married this weekend so we were eachothers' dates to the wedding.  We got to see another old roommate/teammate and the coach who recruited us all.  It was a mini-Lady Hawks reunion.


We tried to get the bride in the pic with us, but she was one a strict time schedule and wanted to be gone from the reception at 3:30PM. Sadly, she took off before we had a chance to get the pic. But trust me, she looked gorgeous! Since the wedding was over pretty early, we made it back home by 5:30pm, so we took a walk and had a swim with the puppy dogs.

The next morning we were up and at em.  She had to drive back home and I was heading to Birmingham for a Bridesmaids' luncheon!  I can't believe Bobby and Tera are getting married in less than 2 weeks!  We had a delicious brunch at a place called the Verandas on Highland in Birmingham. They said it was a "jazz brunch" and we were not sure exactly what that meant until we got there and saw the jazz quartet playing in one of the dining areas!  They were great!  It felt like we were in the middle of the French Quarter in New Orleans.....and the food was to.die.for.


 1. The bride and her bridesmaids at brunch.
2. My French Toast with Whipped Ricotta Cheese and Fresh Fruit....it was soooooo good!
3. The bridesmaids with our amazing gifts from the bride...who wins the awards for the best bride ever!
4. The jazz band!
5. Our other bridesmaid gift!  Our jewelry for the wedding!

She also got a charm cake for us to eat.  It is a small cake with charms attached to ribbons that are set under it before it's iced.  Each charm has a special meaning....and though we pulled ours randomly, you could not have picked more perfect ones for us!  Oh and the cake was amazing.....I am going to gain 15 lbs at the wedding reception from the cake alone.


1. Bridesmaids with our charms!
2. The gorgeous cake from Olexa's in Birmingham.
3. Our Charms....I got the Laurel Wreath which means I will have never ending joy and happiness!
4. Pulling out my charm.
5. Cake.....3 layers....nuff said.

We'll be sisters in 2 weeks! AAAAH!

It was an amazing weekend and I am still enjoying it!  Couldn't ask for more!

Let's just hope I can come up with the perfect side to serve with our pan seared red snapper tonight!  YUM!





No comments: