As I said yesterday we had a weekend full of wedding festivities on our plate. Since Eric and I were the MOH and Best Man we have been completely involved in this wedding from the beginning, so this weekend was a culmination of the past year's events, and it did not disappoint!
Since we had to be in Birmingham on Friday afternoon, my weekend started a day early. It was soooo nice to be able to sleep in Friday morning. (And I am glad I did because we didn't get much sleep from then until after the wedding.) I ran about 150 errands Friday morning, getting things together so we could leave early afternoon. My paranoid self wanted to be at our hotel as close to 3pm as possible so we could get ready and head on to the church. The hotel we stayed at downtown was really close to the reception hall, but about 25 mins (without traffic) from the church. We had to be there at 5:45pm on Friday afternoon so I made an executive decision to leave the hotel by 4:45pm. Of course we made it in plenty of time, but I heard after we got to the church that there had been 2 wrecks on the road we came in on and I can only imagine how long it would have taken if we'd gotten stuck in that mess. This was the first of about 150 times Eric made it clear how much he did not like driving in city traffic. Guess we won't be moving to the big city any time
We got the cutest welcome bags when we checked into our hotel that had all kinds of goodies from Birmingham and the surrounding area!
Everything at the rehearsal went off without a hitch and we were off to dinner at a great restaurant in Mt. Laurel called Stone's Throw. It was an awesome restaurant with AMAZING food, and even better company!
![]() |
| My stud muffin and I. |
1.The boys and their favorite lady...their grandma.
2. Lindsey B. and Will.
3. Tera's Dad'd speech....why is her mom cheering in the background? Her dad said how perfect Bobby was to marry his wife.....and she was excited because that meant she got to go to Costa Rica.....HILARIOUS!
4. The Bride and Groom-to-be with her Mom.
And because I think it's necessary to take pictures of my food...well the really good food:
1. My steak....it was as big as my fish...no joke. And it was oh.so.delicious!
2. Salad with goat cheese...YUM!
3. Menu
4. Dessert #1: Dark Chocolate Molton Lava Cake
5. Dessert #2: Classic Vanilla Creme Brulee
Another perk of marriage....he gets one I get one and we get to taste both!
After dinner we hopped in our limousines, yep that's right, limos and headed out for some fun. Tera's uncle rented 2 stretch limos: one for the girls and one for the guys to do whatever we wanted on Friday night. FUN FUN FUN!
![]() |
| Note to self: When posing for a pic with 2 gorgeous girls do NOT do the awkward lean....It makes you look silly. |






No comments:
Post a Comment