However, girl's gotta eat... We had coffee in our rooms but no breakfast. Since Eric was on his way to get the car I threw on my tennis shoes and went in search of food. I'd seen a Subway across the street, so I figured I could get breakfast there....WRONG. Apparently that Subway has not gotten the breakfast memo. After talking with the concierge, he informed me that that particular Subway marched to the beat of their own drum. BUT he also told me there was a Chik-fil-a up the street [score!]. After a quick walk I had my breakfast and was back at the hotel.
I got myself all purtified and made it to the church on time =).
Somehow I managed to make it all day an all night and not get a single picture of myself with the bride or my husband....FAIL. I guess I got so wrapped up in everything that was going on I forgot. I know that the photographer got several so I will just have to wait and see those!
I did get some pics at the reception. It was at the B&A Warehouse in downtown Birmingham. It is a really neat building that is nothing but exposed brick inside so it has a really urban look to it. They had strings of lights going across the ceiling and it looked soooo cool!
The food was phenomenal. Unfortunately for me and my dress I could not eat as much as I wanted to. I literally ate until my stomach hurt and I could not eat any more. It seriously got to the point where I was no longer comfortable sitting down, thankfully about that time the band started to play some good music and we started dancing which temporarily made me forget about my food-induced misery.
One of the major contributors to my near food coma was the cake. I have talked about it before, as I have had the opportunity to taste cakes from this particular baker several times throughout this wedding process, most recently at the Bridesmaid's Brunch. However, there was not just white cake with white buttercream at the wedding...no no no. It was there of course in the form of an absolutely exquisite bride's cake. It was the groom's cakes, yes CAKES that made my mouth water. I honestly could not tell you all of the flavors [because I did not have room for 5 pieces of cake], but the 2 that I did try: the chocolate with peanut butter icing and the strawberry cake were some of the best cakes I have ever eaten in my life. Out of 5 cakes I do not think they had ANY grooms cake leftover.
We called it a night after the reception because we were too exhausted to do anything but that. We were asleep 15 mins after we got back to the hotel and slept for a good 10 hours....totally worth it! The next morning we decided to take the mandatory trek to Cheesecake Factory for breakfast, and they did not disappoint...and yes we got cheesecake =).



No comments:
Post a Comment