....a week late on my Christmas recap is not too bad, is it? I think we are technically still in the 12 days of Christmas so I think it's acceptable. I guess today would be the 9th day ...so 9 Ladies Dancing.
We had Christmas with Eric's family on Christmas Eve since his brother and his wife were going to be out of town on Christmas Day. I really enjoyed "hosting" Christmas at our house. We stuffed ourselves silly and had a great time!

For dinner we had fried turkey, twice baked potatoes, asparagus casserole (my favorite!), green bean casserole, deviled eggs, chicken salad, cheese ball, cocktail weenies, and crescent rolls. Needless to sat I was in a food coma way before we started dessert which consisted of pecan pie, buttermilk pie, ooey gooey pumpkin pie, sweet and salty cookie truffle bars, and a ginormous cookie plate. Don't worry, I made sure to sample EVERYTHING.
 |
| I guess since his camo has green in it you can call it Christmas-y? =) |
 |
| Our beautiful tree, SILS, and the whole family! |
Christmas morning we slept in a bit. By a bit I mean 7:30am, which is a lot later than I used to wake up as a child. I popped a couple of casseroles in the oven (which I almost did not make because I was so full after dinner the evening before), and we had ourselves a Merry Little Christmas!
 |
Breakfast Casserole and Hashbrown Casserole
I used the same recipes I used last year but tweaked them a bit. I put ranch dressing mix in my breakfast casserole and used southwestern hashbrowns in my hashbrown casserole. They were small changes but added a TON of flavor! |

We had a wonderful Christmas, and yes all 4 puppy dogs had a stocking full of goodies! I got a space heater for the bathroom (can you tell I was a little excited when I opened it?), a back seat cover so I could haul the puppy dogs in my car without ruining it, and some new Costas (sunglasses)! He bought me a pair 6 years ago and I still wear them to this day. That pair is a bit worn out so he got me some shiny new ones that I love! (Although I did exchange them for a turtle brown pair the day after Christmas....I don't think I am quite rock star enough to sport white sunglasses--but they were cute!). I got him a Scent Blocker Camo suit, which he was pumped about. I also got him a few other little nicknacks like a camo fleece blanket I made, the book about the Navy Seals that captured Bin Laden, and the shirt he is sporting above. It says "I'm here because you broke something." Since he does appliance repair it was perfect! He said he is going to get that put on the back of all of his work shirts from now on. I think it's precious!
 |
| The puppies enjoyed their bones and balls, and of course naps! |
The day after Christmas I headed to Memphis to visit my parents and brother with the inside puppy dogs since Eric was headed on a duck hunting trip for the weekend. It was sooo nice to be able to just get in the car and be there in a few hours, as opposed to having to fly there. I am going to save rest of the Memphis trip for another post since this one is already a mile long, but I promise it's coming later this week! And in that post I will explain this:
 |
| That would be a life-sized cardboard cut out of myself. Nice, right? |

No comments:
Post a Comment