Thursday, January 10, 2013

Seashell Frames

When I was at my parents' house over Christmas I found a bunch of seashells I had saved in one of my [many] boxes. Our bathrooms are beachey themed (thanks to the borders that I can't convince Eric to take down) so I did not mind bringing that box home to add to my collection.  There were several decent sized and still intact shells in the box that I did not want to just put in a bowl, so I decided I would do a little DIY project with them and some frames I had leftover from another project.....and ended up with these!


I took silver 4" x 6" frames and painted them sage green.  Then I cut 3 pieces of scrapbook paper to fit in the frames. Then I hot glued my sand dollar, starfish, and seashell to the scrapbook paper and VIOLA! instant wall art! I ended up putting the glass behind the scrapbook paper because the frame backs were too loose without it.  I love love love it!


No comments: