Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Dog Pee in my Shoe

We are almost a week into transitioning Hallow into an inside dog, and it certainly has not been with out its challenges. However, it's gotten a little better every day, and the accidents are getting fewer.  Bless his heart he's had to learn to be potty trained during a week when Eric's been out of town and I have been coaching, so that means holding his baby bladder for nearly 11 hours during the day.  I don't think he quite understood the concept the first couple of days....which is explains why he peed twice and pooped in the office on Friday night after I had taken him out and walked him around the yard for a good 10 minutes.  Awesome I know.  He's only had a couple since then, and most of the time it's obvious that he is just "marking" things like the table decoration that he tore up yesterday (way to give your self away Hollow....rip it up and then mark it so I know you did it).

He snatched this from a side table. 

But this morning took the cake.  I was getting ready for work and went to put my shoes on.  When I slid my foot into my shoe I felt wetness.......that *#&@ dog PEED IN MY SHOE.  I pulled it off my foot and turned it over while a trickle of puppy pee ran out of it.  Don't worry, he got popped for that one.  All I could think of was the movie Beethoven when Beethoven pees the the dad's shoe.  That was me this morning. I guess I never thought a dog would actually do that......I was wrong.  On the bright side he did not chew it up which really would have gotten him in trouble.

As mad as I have been with him for the little things he doesn't stay in trouble all of the time.  He spent the first  year or so of his life as an outside dog so it's somewhat expected.  He does have his hilarious and sweet moments, too.

A couple of days ago I came home to find all of the "favorite" dog toys in a pile on Hallow's blanket (AKA the blanket I made Eric for his birthday).

When I picked up the toys to put them in the dog toy basket I found the bone he had "buried" using the rest of the toys.  Hilarious!

He is also quite the snuggler.  He loves to fall asleep up against someone/some dog. He and his sister used to do this all the time which explains it.
Curled up against Peanut, and sound asleep with his paw on my face.

I think another week or so and we should be good to go!  (I hope!)

No comments: