These recipes were the ones I cooked last weekend. I actually picked the recipes out and got all of the ingredients the weekend before but never got a chance to make them. Thankfully everything was still good, so I got to cooking while Eric was out hunting.
For our entree I went with one of my standby thrown together chicken dishes. We'll call it Italian Chicken Bake (for lack of a better term).
Italian Chicken Bake
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thawed)
1/2 cup Italian dressing
1-14oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
Marinate chicken breasts in Italian dressing for at least an hour. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place marinated chicken breasts in a single layer in the baking dish. Pour can of diced tomatoes on top of chicken, and top with cheeses and Italian seasoning. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is done. It's always delicious and EXTREMELY easy to make!
I also made a Tortellini Salad with Asparagus and Basil Vinaigrette. The recipe on Pinterest called for homemade basil vinaigrette dressing, but my fresh basil is non-existant right now, so I used pre-made basil parmesan vinaigrette dressing from Kraft.
Tortellini Salad with Asparagus and Basil Vinaigrette
![]() |
| Tortellini Salad with Asparagus and Fresh Basil Vinaigrette (original recipe) |
My Recipe
1lb asparagus spears
1-18 oz package cheese tortellini
1/2 cup Kraft Basil Parmesan Vinaigrette Dressing
1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Cut asparagus spears into 1 inch pieces and steam on stove for 5-7 mins. Place asparagus in strainer. Return pot to stove and bring water to a boil. Cook tortellini according to directions on package in pot. Drain and mix tortellini, asparagus in a bowl. Toss with dressing and chill in refrigerator for at least 30 mins. Right before serving, toss with tomatoes and parmesan.
It was delicious! I would make it again. It was a nice twist on your classic pasta salad.
For our "bread" I really went out on a limb for us. I've seen Cauliflower Breadsticks recipes floating around on pinterest from time to time, and thought I would try them one day, and last weekend I decided I'd take the plunge and make them.
Cauliflower Breadsticks
![]() |
| crispy edges.....yum! |
1/2 head riced (grated) cauliflower
1 whole egg, plus one egg white, lightly beaten
1/2 cup 2% shredded mozzarella cheese
Dried basil, oregano, garlic powder, etc
marinara or pizza sauce for dipping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and then spread and flatten mixture on to baking stone (if using a regular pan, be sure to grease it) with about 1/2 inch thickness. If you want to get fancy you can shape it into a square or a circle. Bake for 40 mins until the cauliflower starts to brown and dries out. Remove pan from oven and flip cauliflower. Return pan to oven for another 10 mins. Serve with marinara or other dipping sauce.....garlic butter and ranch would be fabulous but kinda defeat the purpose.
These were interesting. I could definitely tell they were not bread, but they weren't all that bad. Eric loved them which shocked me completely. We may be adding this when we eat pizza now.
Now that I have my recipes from last weekend up to date, maybe I can get close to getting this weeks up before the end of this week? I hope!



No comments:
Post a Comment