I am going to cut right to the chase because I am just so darn excited about it.....
We got our second win last night!!!
The girls played so hard and really deserved this one. It was back and forth for most of the game until the last 2 minutes or so when we pulled away to win 49-40. It was nights like last night that remind me of why I love coaching as much as I do. Seeing how excited the girls were after getting that win makes all of the headaches and frustration worth it. Looking at our record you can tell we've had a less than stellar season, but we've chosen to focus more on the little battles as opposed to the big picture. With such a young team it's hard (we're basically a jv team going up again seasoned varsity teams every night). But we are a completely different team than we were at the beginning of the year, and our experience is beginning to show. These girls are going to be a force to be reckoned with in a year or 2 with 4 freshman getting as much varsity playing time as they are.
Have we had disappointments this season? Yes. Have we lost a couple of games we should have won? Yes. But that's sports. You win some and you lose some. But as long as you can learn from your mistakes and improve because of them you're doing something right. We still have 2 regular season games this weekend before our tournament starts, and I truly believe that we can win one of the 2.....if we play like I know we can and if the girls BELIEVE they can win. For now we're going to celebrate because it just feels so darn good to win!
"It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen."
~John Wooden
No comments:
Post a Comment