Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Recap

Heeeelllllllooooooooo springtime!  Ok it might be a bit early for that, and it's supposed to come to and end next weekend, but oh man was it pretty here over the weekend.  I am talking shorts and t-shirt weather all weekend long. It was a nice break from the chilly weather we've had this "winter"--not that I am complaining....I appreciate having "cold" temperatures so I can wear jeans a cute boots!

Our weekend was pretty typical....basketball on Friday for me ....all night long.  The game was 2 hours away, and the one time they scheduled an hour and a half (it's usually just an hour) for the boys jv game they got done early.  We were ready to go 20 minutes before our game was "scheduled" and the referee said we'd have to wait because if someone were to check on the referees then they'd get in trouble.  Because I am sure the referee association wanted to drive out to the middle of no where to make sure they did not start the game early so the other team could get home at a decent hour. After looking around we realized the actual reason they did not want to start early....we only had one referee there. I guess he didn't want to do the game by himself, which I don't blame him....but he could have just said we're waiting on the other referees.  But that's neither here nor there.  After all 3 games, and stopping to eat on the way home, we finally made it back home around 1AM.....WAAAAAAAAAAAY past my bedtime.  I attempted to sleep on the bus (I got pretty good at it when I was in college), but school buses don't offer the same level of comfort as a charter bus and the only way I could lay down involved my butt falling asleep...it was awesome.

Saturday and Sunday I had absolutely NOTHING planned so I spent a little time experimenting in the kitchen.  Between pinterest and the new cookbooks for Christmas, I found some great new recipes (post on those coming soon)! I tried to make several things that we could eat on this week since I won't have a lot of time to cook, along with some buffalo chicken dip at Eric's request to take with us to some friends' house on Saturday night where we watch the NFL playoffs---I'm pretty sure it was the first bit of NFL football I've watched all year.

I watched the Miss America Pageant when we got home (which meant I got to fast forward through the commercials and fluff and watched it in about an hour).  I was happy that Miss New York won.....she's actually from Alabama and has only lived in NY for a few years.  My favorite part was that 3 of the contestants--Miss NY and Miss OK who came in 3rd--tap danced for their talent.  They were amazing!  I really hope some my dancers were watching because man could those girls tap!



Did I mentioned they were amazing?



Since the weather was so nice, I made sure to get the puppies outside for a walk both days, which was a bit pf a challenge with all 3 of them. Saturday Eric took Hawk on a run so I only had the 2 little ones to take, but Sunday I ended up taking them in shifts....little dogs first then Hawk.  Not surprising, it took me twice as long to walk the little dogs the same route that I took Hawk, because Hawk wanted to run the entire way.  Being the nice doggie mama I am I let him drag me around the neighborhood.  I've been wanting to get back into running, why not start out with a sprint around the block?  Since we didn't have a game on Saturday (1st one this year and last one til the end of the season), I went to church Saturday night and got to sleep in on Sunday. I guess all of the exercise the dogs got worked like a charm because they were knocked out too, until I started stirring around 8:30. I guess it worked again this morning because all three of them were sound asleep when I left this morning which NEVER happens.

The only "scheduled" event I really had to make it to after Friday was a basketball shoot around Sunday evening.  We play this evening so we wanted to get the girls in the gym and shoot around for a little while to get them ready to go. On the way home I picked up MIB3 for us to watch. Eric's been on a movie kick lately, so we've been renting a lot of redboxes.  I am not much of a sci-fi movie girl but I love the Men in Black franchise, and I really liked this one.

It's time to get this week going.  I hope that I am still vertical after this one...it's going to be a doozy!

No comments: