Monday, January 7, 2013

Weekend Recap

Once again I find myself wondering where my weekend went. I could have sworn it was just Friday afternoon and BAM...it's Monday. But it's not just any Monday.....it's BCS National Championship Monday! Tonight at 7:30pm the Notre Dame Fighting Irish will square off against the Alabama Crimson Tide in Miami for a classic battle of football powerhouses. I CAN"T WAIT! I am rocking my red skinny jeans today in honor of it!



My weekend was a bit of whirlwind of basketball.  We had a week and a half off over Christmas and apparently in that short amount of time I forgot how busy back-to-back game days can be.  We played Friday and Saturday night this weekend and our Saturday night game was an hour and a half away.  All 3 teams had tough games and then the trip got worse.  While we were gone, the middle school principal who is also the father of one of the kids on the boys varsity was killed in a car accident.  Someone drove up to get him and got there right before the boys game ended which is how we found out about it.  My heart breaks for the kid and his brother as well as the faculty and staff at the middle school who are due to report back to school this morning.  It won't be easy.  Please keep them in your prayers.

Little Hallow has been doing well in his transition to being an inside dog.  We've gone through some potty training growing pains, but I expected that. It hasn't been too bad.  Aside from him "marking" my garbage can in the bedroom it was not too bad.  He'll either learn not to do it or end up with a raw backside.

1. Our giant dog bed that doubles as a couch for humans when they are not on it.
2. Hallow and Peanut checking out the neighborhood.
3. Peanut the enforcer scaring Hawk away from his (Hawk's) food bowl.  
On Sunday I finished de-Christmasing the house....at least the outside.  I still have a few things to put up from the inside, but I just don't want to take my Christmas cards down just yet.  I think I am going to do one of those books to keep all my cards to display each year (like the one I did with our wedding cards).

Since it was a chilly (by Alabama standards) weekend so I made a big bowl of crockpot potato soup which hit the spot and was perfect to eat in front of the fire during the season premier of The Biggest Loser!!!! I missed it so much this fall and I am beyond pumped that Jillian Michaels is back on the show this season!  She's my fitness hero and would probably not approve of my potato soup dinner, but that's ok because it was sooooo good!


Oh....and 
ROLL TIDE!

No comments: