Let's see...what we did this past weekend....I will give you 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count. It starts with Basket and rhymes with Mall. We played games 6 and 7 of our 10 games in 3 weeks on Friday and Saturday night. We played well but are still chasing our 2nd win. I have complete confidence that we can get our second win this coming week if we do what we're supposed to do. Think happy basketball thoughts for us please! Since last week was our last home games of the season our girls decided to do something special for us. On Friday night they gas a cake and presented it to us at halftime of the boys game. It was so sweet of them! (and completely unexpected!)
| It was a Costco cake so it was DELICIOUS! One of our girls designed it. |
As if I could not get enough basketball, I went with my SIL to see our Alma Mater, Huntingdon College play a big conference game on Saturday before our game, and they smashed the other team by 25 which means they are now tied for 1st place in their conference. It was so great getting to see some of the girls and watch them play.
Going back always makes me miss it so much! This was the first game I'd been able to make it to this year, but I am hoping to make several more before the end of the year, once our season is over.
And Eric? Don't worry....he had a blast this weekend. It was the last weekend of duck hunting season so he took full advantage of it, hunting both Saturday AND Sunday mornings....which meant he did a lot of sleeping during the day. But they had success and Hawk the Duck Dog did an excellent job "fetching up" the ducks!
| Such a handsome boy! |
I am proud to report that I am still going strong with my Insanity workouts. I am only one day behind (surprisingly) due to my busy schedule. My plan is to do every workout (not stick to the days), so I may not finish in 60 days, but hopefully close to it. I am anxious to see if the soreness I experienced last week with the workouts subsides the second time I go through them this week....I am guessing no, but that's ok! If anything I will be in great shape for snowboarding next month!!!
We did manage to spend some time together this weekend. He came to my game on Saturday (but I didn't get to see him much since I was coaching), and we had a movie night last night. We rented The Watch.....funny movie but extremely bizarre.
I guess it's time to get this week started. It's going to be another doozie with 3 away games, late practice, and out of the office meetings, but I am ready for it (and I WILL do insanity at least a couple of nights!)!

No comments:
Post a Comment