Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Bruschetta 'n Cheese-Stuffed Chicken

I had some time to cook the other night and I wanted something quick that used ingredients we had in the house so I did not have to make a grocery store run.

Enter kraftfoods.com.......It used to be my go -to recipe site a few years ago, until I got to the point that I knew all the recipes and there was never anything new.  I still get their weekly emails and have noticed lots of new recipes popping up lately, so I gave it another try.  I typed in the main ingredients that I had:  chicken and diced tomatoes.  It pulled up an extensive list of recipes, all I had to do was pick one.

I settled on Bruschetta 'n Cheese-Stuffed Chicken and it did not disappoint!


I followed the recipe for the most part, but I only used four chicken breasts instead of  eight, so I put the rest of the bruschetta mixture in the baking dish.  

I will have to keep this one in the recipe file for another time.  It even got good reviews from Eric! And it is a nice change from something other than  a chicken breast in the skillet with salt and pepper....yay for variety!


No comments: