Is it the weekend yet? Seriously. I need another weekend to catch up from this past weekend. We were going for 3 days straight. I am pretty sure we were by or in some form of water at least 90% of the weekend. Frankly it was too stinkin hot to do anything but!
 |
| Eric and I on the way to The Rock at Lake Martin |
Except for the first part of Saturday when we were at the neighbors' house for a cookout, we were on the beautiful waters of Lake Martin. We have some friends who have rented a condo on the lake for the summer and since it was the first unofficial weekend of summer we all decided it was only appropriate to pack as many people as we possible could in it for the weekend.
We only spent one night but unfortunately our air mattress had some kind of gunk on it so we could not use it so we slept 4, yes 4 in a king sized bed the night we stayed overnight. It was nearly without incident and would have been had Eric not forgotten that we were not the only 2 in the bed. He and his BFF were stuck in the middle and his BFF has a tendency to snore. Sweet lil Eric thought it was me and gave me an elbow and the snoring stopped. I felt the elbow but figured he had a muscle spasm (not uncommon) and went back to sleep. A few minutes later I guess the snoring started again because I caught another elbow in my side. I sat up and said something along the lines of
"What is wrong with you?!? Stop elbowing me!" And went back to sleep. He muffled some response but I didn't hear it. The next morning he told me that after the 2nd time he remembered that his BFF and his GF were on the other side of him and realized it was NOT me that was snoring! Surely he did not think those noises came out of me!
 |
| Sunset from the condo |
 |
| There was singing, too. |
Of course a weekend at Lake Martin is not complete without a trip to "The Rock." It's where everyone goes to tie their boats up and dance and swim and drink adult beverages. It's fun, but it was a lot more fun when we were younger. We used to go out to to The Rock before lunchtime and stay until the sun was going down. This past weekend we did not get out there until around 4PM either day we went. Saturday we spent the morning at our neighbors' house cooking out and Sunday we spent the morning lounging in the condo and at the condo pool. Yup, we're getting old. I actually took a nap on the front of the boat on Sunday while we were there.
 |
| The Red Neck Yacht Club |
 |
| Oh hey there friends! |
We came home Sunday evening and went to the neighbors' house to cookout and swim in their pool. We got back from there and I was wired so I did what anyone would do, I cleaned the kitchen and the bathrooms and I did 3 loads of laundry. I am still not quite sure where I got the desire to do all of that, but it was one less thing for me to deal with on Monday.
On Memorial Day we wanted a change of scenery, so we headed down to the river lot. It was gorgeous! We shot skeet, hung out at the sand bar and only saw one other boat the entire day. It was perfect! Some of our friends who were at the lake with us all weekend came to the river so we cooked fajitas for dinner and they were soooooo good!
 |
| Yes she is using all of her body weight to pull the skeet shooter back. |
 |
| My handsome marksman. |
By the time we packed everything up and headed home I looked at Eric and told him that I did not think it was possible for us to fit anything else into the weekend. It was so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment