We finally had a semi-easy weekend at home. Friday we had a little get-together at our house and boiled some crawfish. I am not a crawfish eater, too much work for a little piece of meat plus, oh yeah, they're gross. What I do love about crawfish boils is the rest of the stuff that goes with the crawfish: potatoes, onions, Conecuh Sausage, and corn. As usual, I made a meal out of just that!
 |
| A big, ole pot of crawfish. |
 |
| The rest of the goodies! Yes we stir the pot with a small oar. =) |
While supper was cooking, I took some pics around the yard. I had no idea we had blackberry bushes along our back fence...and we've lived in this house for 2 years! How did I miss this?!?
 |
| My dahlia had a friend. |
Saturday was dance recital day! I teach tap dance at a dance studio in town and we had our end of the year recital. Last year we had parents and grandparents fighting, yes fighting over seats. People actually ran down the aisles when the doors opened to get the seats they wanted. The tension got so bad we actually started the show 10 minutes early. We did not want a repeat of that this year, so we split the show into 2 different recitals this year (younger girls in the AM and older girls in the evening), and charged $2 per person to get in. There was a bit of complaining about the $2 entry fee but it was much better than footraces to get seats.
 |
| Cute, right?! |
I was the sound lady this year. So I got to sit up in the balcony and wear a super cool headset to talk to the girl backstage who was cuing me when to start each song. We had a hard time getting them to work a first so we left them live throughout both shows. I was able to tell them if the girls were peeking out from behind the curtains, and let them know about the little one in the AM show who stood in the front row with her skirt in her mouth. She did this for all 3 of her numbers. It was precious.
 |
| Don't I look cute? |
This was the sound board I had to run. Lucky for me I only had to use 2 labeled knobs =)
I choreographed the high school class's tap number which was done with no music. I was probably more nervous than they were before they started. There was no need to worry because they did so well! The most important thing is that they all end on the same beat because there are three different groups going at once, and they hit it perfectly! I was so proud of them!
We had major rain all weekend, like rivers running through the drainage ditches in our neighborhood, have to drain 4 inches of water out of the pool kind of rain. The boys are not fond of rain and opted to not even go out Saturday night before bed. Because it poured most of the day on Sunday we stayed inside for the most part and did boring weekend stuff like clean the house and laundry. At least we had cute company.
We capped off the weekend with DQ Blizzards--the current Blizzard of the month, the Funfetti Birthday Cake Blizzard is phenomenal--and a RexBox Movie. Perfect end to a wonderful weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment