Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Semi-Homemade Nutella Pretzel Brownies


For whatever reason, I've been wanting some Nutella lately (probably from all of the Nutella-inspired baked goods I've seen on pinterest). I finally gave in and bought a jar at the grocery store the other day and have enjoyed dipping pretzels and Vanilla wafers in it for my desserts this week.

On Friday when Eric said we were having some people over for a crawfish boil, I KNEW that I had to make a Nutella-inspired dessert.  Because I was dipping pretzels in it at the time, I decided it had to have pretzels in it too.  I started scouring Pinterest and came across this little gem of a recipe for Nutella Pretzel Brownies. Since I only had an hour or so before everyone was coming I went he semi-home made route and used Ghirardelli Brownie Mix instead of making brownies from scratch.


Here's what you need:
1 cup crushed pretzels
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 pouch Ghirardelli Brownie Mix 
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup water
1 egg
1/4 cup Nutella

Here's how you make it:
Preheat oven to 350.  Grease the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan.  In a food processor, chop pretzels until they are finely chopped.  Combine brown sugar with pretzels.  When they are mixed together, add butter and vanilla.  Press the pretzel mixture into the bottom of the pan.

Mix together brownie mix, oil, water, and egg.  Add Nutella to batter and beat until combined. Pour over pretzel mixture.

Bake for 35-40 mins or until done.  Cool and serve.

They got rave reviews with our crowd and I was told I needed to make them again.  We only had 2 tiny brownies left over that Eric and I had for breakfast.  They were soooooo good! You can't beat a super quick, super easy, super delicious treat like this!


Now go make some because you know you want to!

No comments: